Preheat the grill to medium-high. Lightly toast one side of each slice of bread. Meanwhile, mix together the egg yolks, mustard and milk in a bowl, then stir in the grated cheese and cauliflower.
Remove the toast from the grill and butter the untoasted side. Spoon the cheese mixture on top, spreading it out almost to the edges. Return to the grill for 5 minutes, or until the topping starts to turn golden. Leave to cool slightly before serving.
- 4 slices of wholemeal bread
- 2 egg yolks
- ¼ teaspoon English mustard
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 70 g/2½ oz Cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 cauliflower florets, grated
- Unsalted butter, for spreading